Engineers are often entrusted with the responsibility of implementing large scale project involving millions of Ringgit. In view of the large amount of money changing hands, the integrity and ethical standards of engineers are being put to test. What measures can an engineer take to prevent corruption and unethical practice of cutting corners in order to safeguard the good image of the engineering profession? Jurutera sering diamanahkan dengan tanggungjawab untuk melaksanakan projek besar-besaran yang melibatkan berjuta-juta Ringgit. Memandangkan jumlah yang besar wang bertukar tangan, integriti dan etika standard jurutera sedang diuji. Apakah langkah-langkah yang boleh jurutera mengambil untuk mencegah rasuah dan amalan yang tidak beretika memotong sudut untuk melindungi imej baik profesion kejuruteraan? How to prevent corruption
1. Not participate in any activity which they believe or suspect involves dishonesty.
2. As far as safe to do so, report any activity which they believe or suspect involves dishonesty.
3. Abide by the ethical code of their professional institution.
4. In mentoring more junior engineers, emphasise the need for ethical conduct at all times. Lead by example.
5. Encourage their organisations to adopt anti-corruption measures as an integral part of corporate and project management.
6. Publicly speak out against corruption.
7. Ensure that they adopt and actively promote ethical codes which include express prohibitions of corruption, and proportionate sanctions for corruption by their members.
8. Provide anti-corruption training and guidance to their members and engineering students, to ensure that they are aware of the nature and risks of corruption.
9. Promote the adoption and implementation of anti-corruption measures as an integral part of corporate and project management.
10. Various measures can be adopted by engineers in the direction to prevent corruption and unethical...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document